food? no… friend
I like how the hamster’s fear response is to just eat faster like
If I’m going to die, it should be with a full stomach.
Wow, people can really be such assholes. And idiots.
Shut up. Shut up. Shut. The Fuck. Up.
|Me most of the year:||Want that. Want that. Want that.|
|Me near my birthday or christmas:||I CANNOT THINK OF A SINGLE THING I WANT.|
[[cut for space]]
Oh yeah, because THAT makes the complete erasure of the LGBTQ+ community within the novels LESS shitty? No.
It is an embarrassment that in a series that proclaims to be about LOVE and TOLERANCE to not have a single god damn LGBTQ+ character in the novels. It is a failure. It’s shitty and problematic and marginalizing to LGBTQ+ fans.
And for the record: We DO know about the love lives of the professors. -points to Snape, Hagrid, and Madame Maxine- Your heteronormative queer-erasure apologetics are paper thin and shitty.
God damnit give me a fucking example, because I’m reading these arguments both ways and I’m not convinced either is right.
Honestly, if my principal was gay, I wouldn’t know about it unless he was in an openly gay relationship, and even then, it would never be explicitly stated. On the other hand, yes, I do want proof in the text.
An example of what exactly? An example of Harry Potter knowing about the love life of his teachers? -points aggressively to Snape and Hagrid-
Even that fact that the ONLY LGBTQ+ we get is Dumbledore, even without considering the horribly shitty way his story was fumbled, is just stupid. Hundreds of Hogwarts students, and ALL of them are straight? Fuckin-heteronormative-bullshit.
An example of ho he could be shown gay. I’m being perfectly fucking reasonable, don’t be an asshole in response, it makes for bad rhetoric.
I’m “being an asshole” because I’ve talked about this before. At length. And shitty straight HP fans keep on telling me that it doesn’t matter.
It does matter. I swear to god it matters. And it is EXHAUSTING to have people continuously tell you that the forces of marginalization in your life don’t matter for YEARS.
To answer your question though:
There are two incredibly obvious and easy ways for Dumbledore’s sexuality to be discussed in the novel without changing anything at all.
1. Rita Skeeter’s book. She talked extensively about his FRIENDSHIP with Gellert in the book. It seems pretty freakin’ weird that she didn’t make the actual connection there. Frame it in a way that draws attention to homophobia and make that a further extension of the tolerance theme that HP preaches.
2. King’s Cross. Harry and Dumbledore have a VERY personal discussion in King’s Cross. They discuss Dumbledore’s past, his family, his dead sister. In fact, when Harry MENTIONS Gellert in the book, talking about how Gellert died to protect his grave from Voldy, Dumbledore actually WIPES AWAY A TEAR. Dumbledore speaks at LENGTH about Gellert and their “friendship.” That omission of the depth of those feelings feels deliberate and awkward in hindsight. Bring it up and use it to underscore the themes of LOVE that HP has running throughout.
King’s Cross maybe, but wasn’t Rita an asshole who wrote a lot of nonsense in her book? I think it would have been problematic, people would have maybe thought “Oh that Rita tries to shame Dumbledore to make him seem gay, how nasty”.
I would have preferred if we were simply told more about Dumbledore’s past, before he became “THE Dumbledore”. And not only that, I would have liked a glance inside Grindewald’s head too. It’s obvious he cared for Dumbledore too. I still haven’t watched the last movie, because they made Gellert betray Albus, unlike in the books where tried to protect Albus’ grave. Because according to them they didn’t have enough time or something to show the actual scene. Just….fuck them. They ruined Grindewald.
i just thought this needed to be pointed out to the tumblr community.
these are all photoshopped by enrico francis
it needs to stop.
Dear Enrico Francis Photoshop extrordinare,
STOP FUCKIN PHOTOSHOPPING BEAUTIFUL WOMEN AND MANIPULATING THEIR BODIES AND FACES INTO UNNATURAL BARBIE LOOK-A-LIKES.
1. youre not very good at it. the manipulations you make are so fucking freakish that all i have to do is glance at your photos and know that its not real.
2. the natural beauty of these women is so profound that the fact that you feel the need to photoshop them is fucking INSANE.
3. we do not need another fucking shit putting these unrealistic expectations of women (and men, cause you shop them too) into the world. its not right. you know its not, i know its not and tumblr knows.
So Enrico, I beg you please give it a rest. be a good fucking human being and stop. learn to be a true artist and enhance the beauty youre working with as opposed to completely warping it.
and if you dont i will continue to publish your shitty photoshop all over this fucking website.
This is disgusting.
rihanna’s face looks so much better before she was edited what the fuck
gods they even took away the strap on her dress
LMAO they even shopped one arm off XDD
That’s what photoshoppers do, unfortunately